Monday, June 18, 2012

It Strikes Me Funny: "Say cheese" has two meanings

When I'm told to "Say cheese" I generally respond in two ways.

Sure, I smile. And usually it's a beauty because my conscience is clean. (Except for that time in 1959 when I found a dime on the floor at the movies and spent it on candy before I realized it belonged to my brother. No movie for Kim! But the jubes jubes were delicious.)

[A left-handed "Peace to all": Boston, 2005]

Secondly, "Say cheese" usually prompts me to flash the peace sign. I think it's because my mind is at peace about the jubes jubes. Hey, I was only ten, had an insatiable sweet tooth and I didn't realize the dime belonged to Kim until I saw him running home with tears in his eyes.

[A right-handed "Run the marathon like a champ"]

Admittedly, the peace sign could pop up because I was a teen during the '60s and the influence of those memorable years hasn't yet left my system.

Peace!

[Photos by P. Harrison]

***

Please click here for more Zoom w a View

No comments: