Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fun and Fitness: “Gord is lifting big weights now”

So, watch out!

I don’t know how Gord does it. He’s switching from 7 pound weights to tens. 


He’s a dynamo, for sure. And at his advanced age too! (Gord turned 63 last week but doesn’t look a day over 62.8).

You’re likely wondering. “How will I keep up to Gord on the ice now? He’s already a step ahead of me.”

Here’s my advice. Exercise four or five times per week, for an hour per session, at least. This is North America after all, home of the worst diet in the universe. 


And introduce 10-pound weights gradually, like Gord did. He’s been using those sevens for about a year now, while riding his exercise bike no less. And he hasn’t fallen off even once.


Of course, tenners are a new thing to him while pedalling, so I’ll keep my eye on him.

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Please click here for more about fun and fitness

No comments: